Open access information
To promote open, accountable, fair and effective government in NSW, members of the public have a right to access government information. This right is restricted only when there is an overriding public interest against disclosing the particular information.
Accessing Office of Communities information
The Office of Communities publish a range of information under the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (GIPA).
In accordance with the GIPA Act, our agency must publish various kinds of government information. For the purposes of the GIPA Act the following agencies are covered by the Open Access sections of this website:
*Note: The following responsibilities were transferred from the Commission for Children and Young People to the Office of the Children's Guardian on 15 June 2013:
- administering the Working With Children Check;
- encouraging organistions to develop their capacity to be safe for children;
- administering a voluntary accreditation scheme for persons working with persons who have committed sexual offences against children.
Further information about the above responsibilities can be found at www.kids.nsw.gov.au.
In this section
- About open access information
You have the right to access certain government information under the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009. Find out more about the GIPA Act and the ways you can access government information.
- How to access information
There are a number of ways that you can access the different types of government information we hold. Find out how to access information, including how to make an access application.
- Agency information guide
- The agency information guide tells you in general terms what our structure and functions are; how our functions affect members of the public; how the public can participate in what we do; what kinds of government information we hold; what kinds of government information we will make available to the public and; whether or not there is a charge to access specific kinds of information where to find out more information.
- Disclosure log
- A Disclosure Log is a record of (non-personal) information that the Office of Communities has released, often in response to a specific request from an individual or organisation, that the Office of Communities thinks could also be of interest to other members of the public. The Disclosure Log shows whether this information is now publicly available and how it can be accessed.
- Policies, publications and tabled documents
- Provides a list of policies, guidelines and publications relevant to the Office of Communities.
- Register of contracts
Provides a list of contracts with private sector bodies.
Other Department contacts
For GIPA enquiries relating to divisions transferred from the former Communities NSW, please refer to the links below.
Department of Trade and Investment, Regional Infrastructure and Services for GIPA enquiries relating to:
- Art Gallery of New South Wales
- Arts NSW
- Australian Museum
- Casino, Liquor and Gaming Control Authority
- Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences (Powerhouse Museum)
- Office of Liquor Gaming and Racing
- State Library of NSW
- Sydney Opera House
Department of Premier and Cabinet for GIPA enquiries relating to:
- Centennial Park and Moore Park Trust
- Historic Houses Trust
- Office of Western Sydney
- Parramatta Park Trust
- Western Sydney Parklands Trust